Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Big girl

I decided today that it was time to give Halle a little more independence. I told her she could pick out her clothes for today. Tada!! Look at her outfit- a mother could not be more proud than when her child picks out an outfit that matches. I'm glad she's caught onto my fashion sense. She even let me put on this adorable headband for 2 pictures until she couldn't bear it any more. I settled for one pony tail. She even put the skirt on mostly by herself and partially helped with the shirt. My little girl is growing up! Although I said she was little and she said, "you're little too Mommy," I guess that's a compliment and I'm going with it.






And our little reader keeps on keeping on- I love that she loves to read and it occupies much of our days together!



Quick update: Some of you know I had a short visit to the hospital this past weekend for some blood pressure and breathing issues. Everything checked out ok and baby girl is doing great. I'm so thankful for all of our church people who came to our rescue this weekend, especially since Brian was 2 hours away when this all went down. We've been greatly cared for and I've been feeling better- just praying my blood pressure stays normal and I have no more little episodes.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my - - - she just suddenly LOOKS all grown up too!

Halle, you picked out an ADORABLE outfit!!!

Anonymous said...

She looks right at home with that book! Her comprehension at this age is amazing! Mom

Team Tonagel said...

HAH! I love her with that book. Jace hasn't caught on to the whole reading thing yet--he doesn't seem too interested!

So glad that you have some good friends who came through for you this weekend! Hope everything is smooth the rest of your pregnancy!