Thursday, November 12, 2009

A wonderful blessing!

Brian and I have been sharing a car for over a year now. We decided to sell my car when Brian went back to school in order to continue making payments on our Envoy while he was a student. We assumed we'd be able to get a 2nd car once he got a job this year. Well as it turns out, we've been sharing one ever since we got to TX. There just didn't see to be any money in our budget for another vehicle. This has led to a lot of stranded days for Halle and I and a lot of coordinating on both of our parts. Saturday night, my dad arrived after a 14 hour drive with a mini van for us! I never in my life thought I'd want a van or be proud to own one- just not the coolest car ya know? But I've been wanting a van so bad with the upcoming arrival of our 2nd child- 2 car seats, strollers, and everything else that goes along with them. We have received an ENORMOUS blessing! The van is great, in great condition, rides wonderful, and my favorite part- the doors open by the click of one button- so more free hands for me! Halle loves it, riding in a new car- which she is referring to as "Papa's car." On top of the car- we got to spend about 5 days with my dad. This is the longest I've gone in my whole life without seeing my family, so it was great to have my dad with us here for a few days. Halle had him very busy! One morning I got done showering and walked into Halle's room to find this ...



What a sight! She had him covered in a blanket and all sorts of toys around him. We were able to give him a good glimpse of our life here in TX. The weather has been beautiful, so we took advantage of being outside. One day, we took a picnic to the beach and Halle loved playing in the sand- and was sad she couldn't go in the water.






We loved having Papa here with us- and we love our new blessing. Each time I get in the car, I realize what a huge blessing a car is- let alone a van that just meets our needs. Thanks Mom and Dad for your giving spirit and generousity!




4 comments:

Beth said...

You are blessed! Where are the pics of the new ride?

Anonymous said...

Well, it was ALMOST as good as me being there. Love, Mom

Keetha Broyles said...

Ahhhhh - - - "The Van Years"

With children, those van years are NECESSARY.

Enjoy yours - - - I never had one with the push-button open/close doors, but Keri's is like that and it is GREAT.

Brian B said...

I just love the one of her on horse waving...