Monday, April 19, 2010

Retreating



This weekend, I attended our annual women's retreat. It was a miracle I was able to go, as Lily had a fever 48 hours before we left I felt sick as a dog the night before. But God seriously answered many prayers and we felt ok to go. I had Lily in tow the whole weekend, which wasn't as much of a retreat for me, but she's my precious girl and it wasn't too bad. Our retreat was about 2 hours away on a beautiful lake in the woods. Oh my, did I love that! I felt like I was in MI- surrounded by beauty. There's just something about nature that makes me so connect with God and I love it. As I carried Lily around in her carrier, she continually had her head leaning back looking up at the tall, tall, trees. It was a super fun weekend where I got to spend time with my friends and with other women in my church. You can see our group picture above. The african lady in the middle is from a Zimbabwe church is south Texas who jumped in the picture, but the rest are Horizon's ladies. The youngest woman we had (besides Lily :)) was 19, and the oldest in her 70's. I so loved spending time with each one there. We had a great time worshiping and our speaker really challenged us in many areas- particularly spending more time with God, which is my constant challenge. Like today, I was determined, as soon as the girls were down to nap, to do my quiet time before anything else. So I quickly hopped on the couch with my Bible and journal and what did I hear? My sweet Lily waking up. So after my 5 minutes with God I got her up and have her next to me now. I know when it's time for her to nap again, Halle will be awake. But, we all need a chance to get away and RETREAT! Halle loved spending time with Brian and I'm so thankful for a husband who lets me get away and can spend time with our kiddos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me about how important it is to spend time with the Lord. The spring blossoms and flowers do make us see his glory through his creation.

Mom