Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful

It seems to cliche to even list all of the things I'm thankful for. I hate that Thanksgiving seems to be the one time where we express our thankfulness. I hope that a thankful heart is something that I can practice and exercise on a daily basis. There are a few things, as I look back on this year that I truly, truly, thank God for. One is our Lily Faye. It's hard to imagine life without her. A year ago, I was hugely pregnant and uncomfortable and could not wait to meet my sweet girl. Now, she's a constant source of joy and a ball of energy. I love how she's completed our family. She's nothing like her sister and it's so much fun watching her grow each day. Our families. Although they are mostly far away, we could not be more blessed to have parents and siblings who support us and love us so much. Being far away makes you realize even more how amazing they are. Answered prayer. Our life in TX has been nothing short of a challenge in many regards. But, God has truly been faithful and will continue to be. We've begun on our second year at our church and I feel like we are constantly battling issues, and constantly seeing God provide. I think He's taught us great patience and perseverance. And when He answers- we have no choice but to say, it's all because of God! So, on that note, here are a few pics of how we spent Thanksgiving with Brian's family in good ole' Louisiana!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for the technology that can keep us closer. These pictures are beautiful and serve as a reminder of all of God's blessings. Love, Mom