Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My random thoughts

No pictures for now, just thoughts- some very much not pertaining to others...

1. On Sunday as our church put closure to our church building and looks ahead to our new building that we're moving into, I started to think about our legacy. It was a great service which gave tribute to the generations that have built our church and have laid it's foundation. I started to think about how the lives before us have affected our lives, and how our lives will affect those that come after us. I'm so blessed that my parents started the legacy of living for Christ and how they've passed it down to me. There were no other Christians in our family, and I'm just so grateful to them, that it started with them.

2. Josh Buck spoke on Sunday night about pain and suffering. He has been through more than many of us and we can't possibly imagine what thoughts have gone through the heads of him and Shelly these past few years. He made the point that God is more concerned with shaping us to be more like him, than with our pain. So the pain and suffering we feel, does not go un-noticed, and it doesn't make God happy- but because he loves us, he's concerned with how we're being shaped through it all.

3. I kind of panicked this week as I began feeding Halle rice cereal and I realized- I have no clue what I'm doing!! How much do I give her? How often? When do I give her food? Do I keep feeding her the same amount of formula? On and on- there's no manual that tells you perfectly how things should be done and when. Everyone's experiences are so different. But I got some wise counsel- so I'm ok now!! :)

I think that's about it for now!

6 comments:

Toevs said...

Thanks for sharing your random thoughts.
I remember stressing out about starting cereal. Wouldn't it be nice if these bundles of joys came with manuals? It would make life so much easier. We could just go the index, look up our concern, and voila! The answer would be there, in black and white. :-)

Keetha Broyles said...

I don't have any random thoughts about your random thoughts - - - - but I do want you to know that I've been here and read them!!! :-)

Brian B said...

Honey I can't wait until we can leave a tremendous legacy for our kids! You are the best Mom in the world!

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts

Anonymous said...

You are great Shan!

Anonymous said...

Had a great weekend visit!