Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mean Mommy

Yesterday, I felt like the worst mom ever! Halle was playing in the exersaucer and I decided to vacuum. When I turned it on, I noticed her facial expression that didn't like the vacuum too much. But I kept going and proceeded into the bedrooms, and when I came back to where she was, she had this look of horror as she watched the machine. So I turned it off and picked her up- she was shaking! The poor girl was so scared! I could feel her heart beating so fast. I could not believe how terrified she was. So after a few minutes I took her over by the vacuum to show her that it was ok, and it was turned off. Nope- she didn't want anything to do with it, she clung to me and buried her head in my shoulder- which my wiggle worm never does! I felt so horrible, I probably scarred the child for life. Does that mean I don't have to vacuum anymore?

5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Nope - - - never vacuum again!!!! :-)

When Keri was Halle's age she was terrified of an open umbrella over her head!!! - - - We still used them, didn't want her to get wet - - - maybe we scarred HER for life.

Finally, after two and a half years of blogging, I figured out how to make a link list - - - go find yourself on my list!!! :-)

tracey said...

Poor Halle. :)

I wish my kids were scared of the vacuum. (maybe I'm a mean mommy too) They run after it and try to get in it's path. It takes at least twice as long to make it around the house.

Anonymous said...

Remember when you were scared of clowns and senior citizens with too much make-up and lipstick on!

. said...

One of mine eventually went from scared of the vacuum to wanting to ride on it!

Boswell said...

Reese, our dachshund barks CONSTANTLY the entire time the vacuum is on. We have to put her in an entirely different room or we want to throw her out the window.