Sunday, June 22, 2008

How can I live like this?

No TV, no internet, no washer and dryer, sitting amongst box after box. Yes, this has become my life. I'm actually sitting in the bathroom where I pick up a low signal that we got the password to of someone else's internet. Our TV is sold, and man what a difference. So I've been enjoying reading, and staring at the boxes I have to finish packing. Only a few more days until we leave for a few days, then head back, and then leave for good. It's seemed to creep up so fast. We feel like we've been in transition forever and are anxious to get going to get settled in. I've realized how important a home is to me, when mine is in disarray, I feel like everything is chaotic!

Here are a few snapshots into our lives lately, mostly of the Halle bug- saying new words and sounds each day. Today she said, "back" and "cricket"- all while reading her favorite books. The last one is all of the girls from our couple's small group who have helped make life here wonderful and I will miss them all!













While being excited to move on, we've been reflecting lately on how great life has been here. It's crazy to think Halle will never know how loved she was in this place, or how her whole life started here. How she learned to walk in our teeny tiny house, as I like to call it. Our years here have been important years in our lives. Tear. I could not have imagined

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the update! I know you'll feel so much better, when you can set up housekeeping in Kentucky! Love to you all, Mom

Keetha Broyles said...

I never did get over there to see you. My life "heated up."

I can't believe you are leaving - - - - I will miss you!!!!

Toevs said...

I know what living in trasition is like! Hope you fare (or is fair?) better than I did.
You guys will be missed!

Keetha Broyles said...

Fare was right - - - - :-)

Unknown said...

Just catching up on the Bradfords!!:)
I haven't been on blogs for months...so I had alot of catching up to do! You're such a faithful blogger. I'm impressed!:) We really need to work on it!!:)
Hope things are going well in your transition!!

B,P,R,S & L said...

Hey Shannon, we've never met, but I've commented on your blog before because my husband and I went to IWU with Brian. We currently live in the Nicholasville/Wilmore area, and I wanted to let you know about a possible friend and playmate for Halle. We are moving in 3 weeks, but the guy that your brother is taking the place of at Asbury College has a great wife and 1 year old son. Her name is Kelly Stephens and the little boy is Elijah. Paul, the daddy/husband is now associate dean of leadership development at Asbury College. Kelly is a stay-at-home mom and does freelance graphic design. She is always looking for playdates, etc. Their blog is paulandkellystephens.blogspot.com, and she is on facebook under Kelly Lynnette 'green' Stephens. They are awesome people, and you and Brian would enjoy spending time with their family. If you have any questions, feel free to send them my way, bobbyandpaula2002@Yahoo.com