Sunday, June 21, 2009

Halle's fist Sunday School

Today was our first Sunday at our new church- it was such a weird feeling walking in there this morning thinking- this is our church! It was my first experience in the role of "pastor's wife." Brian didn't speak this morning, so it was a little more relaxed for us, which is nice that we can kind of ease into this. When I handed Halle over to her "toddler" class- yes she's no longer in the nursery :( - there were no tears. Whew! Smooth handoff. So I picked her up at the end of the service and of course got a wonderful report that she was a sweet girl. Then Halle looked at me and said, "Jesus up there," as she pointed up. I was speechless! I said, "That's right Halle he is up there." Then the teacher came and handed me the little booklet she had colored along with their lesson today. In the car she told Brian, "we read the Bible." My little girl is learning all about God. It was such a sweet, sweet moment to realize how much she is learning. Of course- we pray at home and read stories, but this was the first time she'd really talked about Jesus.


On another note, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!




This is my daddy. I have the best daddy ever! My dad did such a good job of raising us (along with mom) and was very intentional about spending time with us, which is something not a lot of Dad's did. My dad tried his best to give us a life he never had and did such a good job at communicating with us and teaching us about life. My dad spent a lot of time with me and always made me feel so special. As an adult and parent, I look back and appreciate so much the way that my parent's raised me. I'm so thankful dad for your friendship, for your sacrifices, for your support, for your thoughtfulness, and for your love. I love continuing our father/daughter relationship and I love seeing you as a grandfather. I love you!

And to my husband...



It's so amazing to see the man you love become a dad. Brian is the most patient and loving dad. He's so helpful to me as a mom, and he truly lights up when he sees his girl. He is also intentional about spending time with Halle and making her feel special. I'm so thankful that Brian is so involved with Halle. I can't wait to see him grow more as a dad with our next baby. I love you hunny and appreciate you and love that your Halle's dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are getting Halle into God's word at this early age. What a blessing she is in a loving home with parents who will see to her spiritual needs, as well as social, emotional, and physical. Love, Mom

The Bowman Family said...

That is so great about Halle learning about Jesus- wow-I can't believe she is old enough to go to Sunday School- wow- time flies by!
Rach