Thursday, June 04, 2009

Our travel continues...




We are just about to leave IL after about 2 weeks of being here. It's been so nice to have an extended time here with my family and friends. Halle has enjoyed every minute of running around and playing with the dog and touring the many parks. She went on the paddleboats for the first time yesterday downtown Naperville which was quite the experience. Last night, Halle had a chance to see an author of one of her favorite books, "Freckleface Strawberry." Julianne Moore, the actress wrote the book. I was able to get Halle's book signed by her and meet her, but Halle was too hungry so left to get pizza with grandpa, daddy, and her uncle. But that was a really cool experience and it's a great book, especially for red heads! We leave today to head to IN for a few days to visit friends and for Brian to do a wedding. We will be departing from Kentucky on Tuesday for Dallas. My wonderful mom will be joining us for the journey to help with Halle. Please pray for our safety and for me, as I've been feeling really sick with this little baby. I was sick until about week 16 with Halle, so it's hard to see so many weeks ahead of feeling like this. I just need enough strength to get through each day. It's amazing to think that we'll be in our new home in just a few days- well our temporary home, an apartment until we find a house. We're excited!

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh friend - - - - another exciting path in your life journey is straight ahead!!!!!!

ryan and chelsee jones said...

Shannon...it was so great seeing you, Brian, and Halle last week! :) We will pray for a safe trip to Dallas...and that you're not sick during the journey! :( We love you guys and will talk to you soon! :)

The Bowman Family said...

I am so glad you all made it to TEXAS- I hope it's not to hot there yet! It was so good to see you two and sweet Halle- I love the family photo-