Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Cookies!

Last night I hosted my first event for the church and women's ministry- an ornament and cookie exchange! Everyone brought 3 dozen cookies or goodies, plus the recipe, and an ornament to exchange. Every available surface in our living space was covered with goodies! Yum! You can see below our spread- as I took these pictures, I thought, isn't it funny that we take pictures of food- I mean what do I do with those pictures- well here we go!






We had about 25 ladies over from about age 85 all the way down to me- that's right, the big 27. It was so great to have such a mix of wonderful women in our home. We had a blast eating of course, playing a few dorky games I insisted on, and exchanging ornaments. Here are some pics of the ladies after a game we played- and my team yes, as you can see won, so we're sporting our #1 to rub in our win.






Acting out 12 days of Christmas- always proves to be an embarrassing and fun game!






Thanks ladies for a great time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, why couldn't you have this when I was there! It looked like so much fun, and I can't wait to meet the nice ladies from your church family! It looked like they had such a good time! Mom

Team Tonagel said...

are the women in the last picture raising the roof? Hah!

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like great fun, not to mention delish! A. Karen

Keetha Broyles said...

I thought some of those cookies were meat balls, and I WANTED one!