Thursday, April 05, 2007
It's so much easier said than done
A year ago, I felt like I was in a place in life where I really needed to trust in God. I worked so hard at it, I mean really tried to figure out what it meant to live that out. Once again, I feel like I'm here again. Today I just really needed to get out of the house. So I took a drive. Driving and listening to worship music are some of the best times that I connect with God. I used to drive down to Lake Michigan and always find a comfort, yet a power in the water. I was really able to meet with God there. So what do I do here? Matter Park is about the only place I've found beauty here, so decided to take a drive down and just listen to a few songs. Once again, I was comforted by the words, "Be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side." It's such a comfort to know that God's plans for me, are his very best- and if we're not in the center of that, we're not living out God's best for us. So here I am again, feeling a little lost, a little discouraged, a little worried, and a little scared, I need to find my comfort from God. How do I do that? Brian and I have been memorizing scripture lately together which has been helpful to me, as I'm able to quote it to myself and remind myself of God's word. The bottom line is that we can always trust more, we can always wait more, we can always search more- for God. These times are countless in life, I just want to learn how to do it right. Brian talked to other night at 747 about God's will for your life, and said, what if God is more concerned with shaping your character than about your destination? We are so focused on the end result instead of the times in between- so I guess as I sit in this coffee shop and I've driven around to search for some sort of comfort or answer, I just found it. God, how can I be a better woman of God?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think Brian is right!!! God is way more concerned about what we let him do on the INSIDE than he is with the path of our feet. God can use a yielded person ANYWHERE.
With no lunch I hardly saw you yesterday. Sorry I didn't know you were having a bit of a struggle.
Enjoy our tiny break!!!!
I read this at in interesting time in my life... I like what Brian said about our character not our destination. Thanks for sharing.
Just thinking about you this morning. I looked for you yesterday at church but didn't see you. Hope you're doing well.
Post a Comment