



I am so sad to say that my spring break is nearly over! It went by way too quickly, but it was wonderful! My mom was able to join us here for a night, which was a lot of fun. She was able to hear Halle's heartbeat and meet our doctor. Then we headed home to Naperville for the rest of the week. I went out for a night with my 2 pregnant cousins. We were a hit at the nail salon getting pedicures, and of course, scooted next door for some ice cream. We are all 2 weeks apart and I am in the lead, although, Heather looks like she's beating me in size! Most of the week was spent with mom shopping for baby furniture and maternity clothes. I had a minor breakdown in the dressing room since everything I put on for 2 days looked so ugly on me! Thank goodness for mothers, so I had a shoulder to cry on and she got me home in a hurry to rest. Brian joined us later in the week and we met up with our best friends from Michigan and their kids. They moved at the same time as us and are now in IL, so it was a blessing to see them and their kids, who are so much like family. The main event of the week was our first baby shower! My cousin Jori put it all together and it was a lot of fun to be there with some relatives and old friends. Brian even surprised me by letting us stay Saturday night at my parents and had taken off Sunday morning. That has never happened before! It was so great to go to my home church and see some people I've known for so long. We had a great service for Palm Sunday and I was really inspired by our pastor's message. Here we are gearing up for Sunday night at 747. It's wierd how quickly we slip back into our routine. Here are some pictures from the week!
1 comment:
Looks like fun!
Get ready for more showers to come. :-)
Post a Comment