Monday, August 06, 2007

A sad day...

So today was Halle's last day of breast milk- first day of formula. I have been pumping and bottle feeding Halle for about 4 weeks since she refuses to breastfeed after we had to bottle feed her for a few days because of thrush. After about 4 weeks, it really started to wear on me and I started to think about formula. Now, I know nothing is wrong with it, but I have been really disappointed since breastfeeding was my first choice. It's been really encouraging talking to people who have been in the same situation as me and made the same choice, but I can't help but feeling guilty. I felt like her last bottle of breastmilk was like a funeral and all day I dreaded the formula. Not to mention worrying about it she'd take it or throw it up. I didn't want to have to go through changing formula 10 times to find one that works-plus the cost.
Well 2 bottles later, she's eating like a champ! So there's no turning back now. I appreciate everyone who says good job for sticking it out, and not to worry about the decision we made. She'll never know how much I worried over what she ate!! So I guess I can be at ease!! Plus I am excited to have my body back to normal- well it's still taking awhile, but we'll get there- man it just takes forever!! But it was worth is while it lasted. Goodbye to breatmilk!

7 comments:

the lambs said...

Hey, you tried! It's worth whatever method to have a baby with a full tummy!

Jaena said...

It's funny how mothering and guilt seem to go together (for me at least). I say let go of the guilt; you are doing what is best for you and your baby. :)

Is there an evening next week you can go "out" with me and Ronda? It should be even easier now that she's on a bottle - right?

B,P,R,S & L said...

Great job!! I had the same problem with daughter #2 and the thrush. My added problem was trying to pump and feed #2 while dealing with #1. Congratulations on getting your body back!! I loved being able to wear a non-nursing bra!! Enjoy!!

Keetha Broyles said...

You and Halle are now on my blog - - - -

:-)

Keetha Broyles said...

How is little Halle doing now? How is she adjusting to the new formula? How about the little poo poo department?

Shannon said...

She is doing great- loves formula and has gone poo poo 2 days in a row! How are you feeling?

Keetha Broyles said...

Sore throat is going away - - - - other symptoms are getting better too. Thanks!!!